Geotechnical Engineer Position at Haley & Aldrich
Employment Opportunities at Geocomp
Geocomp is seeking Software Engineers for our Products Division which makes automated systems to measure the mechanical properties of soil and rock and data loggers for remote monitoring of infrastructure. Engineers with training and experience in software design and product development are needed to join our team of highly skilled engineers and programmers in our Acton, MA headquarters. This is a fast-paced product and project development environment. The ideal candidate will jump in with hands-on software development, testing and debugging experience.
Internship Opportunities at Geosyntec Consultants
The San Francisco Bay Area (Oakland) branch of Geosyntec is looking to interview outstanding candidates in Geotechnical Engineering for opportunities within their Geoengineering Group, working on projects in geotechnical and geoenvironmental engineering. Geosyntec is also looking for geotechnical candidates in other offices around the country.
Geosyntec is looking for candidates with a desire to become outstanding consultants. Interested applicants should have strong technical capabilities, an ability to write clearly and effectively communicate with others, a willingness to learn new concepts, and a strong desire to work within a collaborative team environment with other engineers and scientists.
Interested applicants should apply online for the “Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineer” position in Oakland (#02223) at the job board, which can be reached by clicking the “Careers – Career Opportunities” link at http://www.geosyntec.com. Submissions should include both a cover letter and a resume.
Geosyntec Consultants has numerous offices nationwide in a variety of practice areas. If any students are interested in working in one of the other offices, they should submit a resume and cover letter via the Careers link on the website (http://www.geosyntec.com). New postings are added regularly. If there is no active posting for the office of interest, they can also send a copy of their cover letter and resume to Brian Martinez, Project Engineer, via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), along with the name of the office(s) of interest.
Internship Opportunities at Golder
Golder has a new opportunity for Engineering Interns to join their Mine Waste team for a three to eight-month duration (May-August/December) in our Denver, CO, Reno, NV, Elko, NV, and Tucson, AZ offices.
Reporting to the Project Engineer your primary responsibilities will include:
- Working within our US Mine Waste team on civil and geotechnical engineering projects for the mining industry
- Performing engineering analyses such as:
- Site and material characterization
- Facility design including grading, storage capacity, and construction quantity evaluations
- Slope stability, seepage, consolidation, liner system, and settlement analyses
- Surface water management facility design and analysis
- Preparing portions of technical reports that document field and laboratory investigations, engineering analyses, and facility designs
- Perform construction observation, field and laboratory testing, and design interpretation to assure that projects are completed in accordance with project design drawings and technical specifications
- Assisting with the preparation of project design packages including technical drawings, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates
- Performing laboratory testing and field assignments, such as geotechnical investigations and construction monitoring
Job Opportunities at Golder
At Golder, we thrive on challenges. Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership. Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment? If so, consider applying to one of these career opportunities at Golder offices around the US. You can always find the latest job postings at golder.com/careers/.